Family Owned Italian Restaurant
In 1950, Bob and Maggie Chittick bought a little grocery store/cafe from the Gagnons at 1335 Congress Street. They opened it up as Bob's Airport Café. This was a great neighborhood place where friends and families came to have a little something to eat or drink. In 1972, Maggie sold the cafe' to her niece Bette and her husband Neil, as well as Neil’s siblings Joe, John and Margaret. They opened an Italian Restaurant and named it Agneillios after Neil. Bette and Neil and their 5 children then moved back from Connecticut and lived upstairs from the restaurant. Shortly thereafter, they renamed it Esposito's Italian Restaurant.
The restaurant enjoyed many years selling homemade pizza, Italian meals and drinks in the little neighborhood bar. Many family members worked there over the years. Family recipes were used and enjoyed as they still are today.
In 2003, after 30 years of business, the brothers decided to retire. They sold the business to Neil's son Bob, who by the way was named after his uncle, Bob Chittick, keeping the business in the family. Bob did some renovations and renamed it Espo's Trattoria. Additions were made to the menu but it stayed true to good homemade Italian food continuing the tradition started over 30 years ago.